Business Market Research and Analysis Officer
Responsible to: Head of Business Development
Deadline for Applications: 6pm Friday 26 November 2021
Islamic Help is a UK-based international relief and development organisation that has developed rapidly since being established in 2003. Our programmes aim to help and empower disadvantaged communities in the UK and abroad; some of the key areas we work in are emergency response, WASH, education, livelihoods and environmental conservation.
We are currently seeking a Business Market Research and Analysis Officer for our Business Development Department. The role is full-time and based at our headquarters in Birmingham.
The Business Market Research and Analysis Officer will provide comprehensive analytical support service to the Head of International Development.
The ideal candidate will need to have a proven track record of research and analysis, planning and the implementation of market research strategies. Duties will include (but not limited to):
1. Use historic data, current insights, anticipated trends and competitor performance to produce insights into regional and demographic business trends
2. Undertake complex manipulation of data and produce detailed and robust statistical information in a variety of formats.
3. Identify patterns, put together data summaries and make recommendations for a strategic business approach
4. Use market analysis and insights to identify potential new businesses for launch; existing businesses with growth potential, and identify those where demand is diminishing.
5. Using live and historic data to proactively report opportunities and challenges relevant to businesses, including insights into market trends
6. Raise the profile and perception of businesses through the provision of informed market research and analysis, enabling a targeted approach to marketing, communications and business activities
7. Provide market research expertise, advice and guidance - verbally and in written report - as required to a number of stakeholders across the organisation, including senior management
8. Ensuring that market research is managed robustly, to time and budget, and delivers impactful results, defining the scope, methodology, resource skills and budget requirements for qualitative and quantitative market research businesses.
9. Identify resources required to deliver market research and analysis activities and manage these appropriately to ensure projects are delivered on time and deliver agreed outcomes.
§ Experience of commissioning or undertaking market research on both a qualitative and quantitative level
§ Experience of producing and disseminating complex reports
§ Experience of defining, analysing and interpreting statistical information
§ Experience of using different data sources to find and utilise relevant information
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· Good written and verbal communication skills in English
· IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft applications, and ability to learn to use new programmes
· Knowledge of office systems and practices
· Some knowledge of international programmes
· Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
· To work on own initiative
· To work under pressure to tight deadlines and adapt to change
· Commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity.
· Knowledge or experience of NGOs
· Written or verbal communication in English, Bengali and Urdu as the role involves communicating with international suppliers
· Positive approach to problem solving.
How to Apply
Closing date for applications: 6pm Friday 26 November 2021
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements for
the post by email or post.
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: Islamic Help, 19-21 Ombersley Road, Birmingham, B12 8UR
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You must have proof that you have the right to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, faith or disability.