Responsible to: Head of Institutional Funding & Partnerships
Deadline for Applications: 6pm Friday 26 November 2021
Islamic Help is a UK-based international relief and development organisation that has developed rapidly since being established in 2003. Our programmes aim to help and empower disadvantaged communities in the UK and abroad; some of the key areas we work in are emergency response, WASH, education, livelihood and environment conservation.
The Grants Assistant will provide assistance to the Institutional Funding & Partnerships team and overseas offices.
· Assist in all stages of the grant funding process, ensuring quality and impact
· Develop and maintain an excellent knowledge of Islamic Help and its operations
· Identify and track funding opportunities that are consistent with Islamic Help’s core competencies and strategic priorities.
- Submitting applications, funding proposals, meeting project deadlines
· Engage donors and field teams to ensure all contractual requirements are met
· Raising invoices and purchases orders as part of the contractual requirements
· Provide administrative support as part of the contractual requirements
· Assist the team with impact and results reporting as part of the contractual requirements
· Represent Islamic Help to external audiences
· Any other duties assigned by head of department.
· Enthusiastic and keen to develop new and improved ways of working
· Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively within the charity and with our partners
· Strong planning skills including attention to detail, critical thinking, and problem solving
· Able to participate in discussions confidently, making contributions as appropriate
· Able to build positive relationships; respect the values, diverse views and experiences of others
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to multi-task, work collaboratively and flexibly to achieve shared outcomes and a keenness to add value to the organisation’s culture and ethos
· Able to take responsibility for making effective plans and decisions directly related to own work, and able to demonstrate awareness of those decisions and the possible impact on others
· IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft applications.
In your application, please include whether you have knowledge and understanding of Humanitarian and Development issues in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
· Written or verbal communication in French, Arabic and/or Urdu as the role involves communicating with field offices
· Ability to travel overseas and work in difficult/hostile environment
How to Apply
Closing date for applications: 6pm Friday 26 November 2021
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements for
the post by email or post.
E-mail: [email protected]
Address: Islamic Help, 19-21 Ombersley Road, Birmingham, B12 8UR
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You must have proof that you have the right to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, faith or disability.